I am very fortunate to work with these amazing people:
- Francesco Genco | PhD Student (Funded by the FWF DK)
- Francesca Gulisano | PhD Student (visiting student from Pisa University, Italy)
- Roman Kuznets | Researcher (Funded by FWF START)
- Bjorn Lellmann | Researcher
(Marie Curie Individual Fellow)
- Tim Lyon
| PhD Student (Funded by FWF START)
- Revantha Ramanayake | Researcher (Funded by FWF -- TICAMORE project)
We offer student projects, Bachelor and Master thesis dealing with logics different from classical logic (so called non-classical logics).
The projects and the thesis, related to the research projects: (i)
Non classical proofs: Theory, Applications and Tools, (ii)
TICAMORE and (iii)
Reasoning Tools for Deontic Logic and Applications to Indian Sacred Texts
can be theoretical, implementative or a combination of the two.
Project topics include, but are not limited to:
Applications of non-classical logics to various fields. Examples of applications are contained
here for fuzzy logics and medical expert systems or
here for deontic logics and Indian Philosophy.
- Non-classical logics: investigation of their semantics, proof theory, important properties... : search for general results or focus
of particular classes of logics (modal logics, deontic logics, fuzzy logics, substructural logics ...).
- Computer programs facilitating their investigation.
- Extend the system
TINC to cover more logics or further properties.
(See here for more details on TINC)