I am very fortunate to work with these amazing people:
We offer student projects, Bachelor and Master thesis dealing with logics different from classical logic (so called non-classical logics).
The projects and the thesis, related to the research projects: (i) FWF START
Non classical proofs: Theory, Applications and Tools, (ii) FWF
TICAMORE and (iii) WWTF
Reasoning Tools for Deontic Logic and Applications to Indian Sacred Texts
can be theoretical, implementative or a combination of the two.
Project topics include, but are not limited to:
- Applications of non-classical logics to various fields, including
legal reasoning and reasoning about ethical machines. Examples of applications are contained
here for fuzzy logics and medical expert systems or
here for deontic logics and Indian Philosophy.
- Connections between logic and computation (Curry-Howard correspondence)
- Parallel functional programming languages (theory and/or implementation)
- Non-classical logics: investigation of their semantics, proof theory, important properties... : search for general results or focus
of particular classes of logics (modal logics, deontic logics, fuzzy logics, substructural logics ...).
- Computer programs facilitating their investigation.
- Extend the system
TINC (Tools for the Investigation of Non-Classical logics) to cover more logics or further properties.
(See here for more details on TINC)