Pre-symposium day: Wednesday 26. April - Trip to BrnoOn a pre-symposium day, there is a possibility to join an excursion to Brno, Gödels birthplace. This trip is icluded in the registration fee. However, since it takes place before the conference, it requires electronic registration, i.e. checking the "Trip to Brno" box on the registration Webpage. The trip to Gödel's place of birth will include the following:
- 8:30 Bus departs from the main entrance of the University of Vienna ( Dr-Karl-Lueger-Ring 1 , 1010 Vienna)
- 10:00 Arrival in Brno
- 10:00-11:00 Informal meeting with participants of the "Brno Kurt Gödel Days" with short addresses by organizers of both: Viennese and Brno Symposia.
- 11:15 Bus departs for the Castle Short walk with a beautiful view of Brno.
- 11:45 - 1 p.m. Lunch Walk to Gödel's house of birth, and a house in which he lived.
- 2 p.m. Bus departs for Vienna
- 4 p.m. Arrival in Vienna Rush hour permitting, sightseeing of Gödel-relevant sights in Vienna.
- 5 p.m. Opening ceremony.The participants will be brought back directly to the Opening Ceremony.
Please note that the departure times are sharp!
Important Note: If you are not a citizen of the European Union, please make sure to contact the Consulate of the Czech Republic in your country regarding visa requirements.