|HD 04 21|
|+43 (0)1 58801-18546|
|Senior Post-doctoral Researcher|
- My project on Unifying Structural Proof Theory via Bounded Sequent Calculi has been funded by the FWF (euro 347.000) NEW!
- Extended Kripke lemma and decidability for hypersequent substructural logics. LICS 2020 NEW!
- My Indo-Austrian project on Graded Consequence and Hypersequent Calculi for Substructural Logics has been funded by the OeAD NEW!
- Using proof theory to study the properties of substructural, modal and intermediate logics (including decidability, complexity, interpolation).
- Structural proof theory: relative expressivity of proof formalisms, abstract representation of proof calculi, restrictions of the sequent calculus
- Development of interactive/automated verification of structural proof theory in the theorem prover Isabelle/HOL
- Formal logics for the provability predicate of arithmetic (provability logics)
- Proof-systems for automated reasoning about satisfiability modulo theories (SMT)
- Co-chair. VCLA International Student Awards 2020 (call) NEW!
- PC Member. 4th International Workshop on Automated Reasoning in Quantified Non-Classical Logics (ARQNL 2020), Paris, France, 29 Jun 2020. NEW!
- PC Member. 15th Workshop on Logical and Semantic Frameworks, with Applications (LSFA 2020), Salvador, Brazil, 26-28 Aug 2020. NEW!
- PC Member. 10th International conference on Non-classical logics: theory and applications (NCL2020), Łódź, Poland, 26-28 September 2020. NEW!
- PC Member. 27th Workshop on Logic, Language, Information and Computation (WoLLIC 2020), Lima, Peru, 4-7 Aug 2020. NEW!
- Invited Speaker: 5th International Workshop on Structures and Deduction SD 2019, Dortmund, Germany, June 29-30, 2019
- Collecting Editor of the Bulletin of the Section of Logic
- Co-chair. VCLA International Student Awards 2018, 2019
- Keynote lecture: Non-classical Logics and Their Applications： The 8th International Workshop on Logic and Cognition (WOLC 2016), Guangzhou (China) 5-9 Dec 2016
- Invited Speaker: 2nd International workshop on Automated Reasoning in Quantified Non-Classical Logics ARQNL 2016 (associated with IJCAR 2016), Coimbra (Portugal) 1 Jul 2016
- Invited Tutorial (with Björn Lellmann): "Proof-theoretical Reasoning" at the TRS Reasoning School, NAT@Logic 2015: Natal (Brazil) 31 Aug-4 Sep 2015
- Invited Tutorial. PhDs in Logic VII. Vienna (Austria) 14-16 May 2015
- Invited Plenary Speaker. 6th International Conference on Teaching Logic and Prospects of its Development, Kiev (Ukraine) 15-16 May 2014
- Invited tutorial. 9th International Tbilisi Summer School in Logic and Language, Tbilisi (Georgia) 30 Sep - 4 Oct, 2013 (slides)
- Tutorial (with Björn Lellmann): General methods in proof theory for modal and substructural logics. Co-located with TABLEAUX 2017, FroCoS 2017 and ITP 2017. Brasilia, Brazil. 23 Sep 2017. Slides for lectures 1 and 3.
- Co-chair. International Workshop on External and Internal Calculi for Non-classical Logics (EINCL 2018), Oxford (UK), 19 Jul 2018
- PC Member. 25th Workshop on Logic, Language, Information and Computation (WoLLIC 2018), Bogotá (Colombia) 24-27 Jul 2018
- PC Member. 23rd International Workshop on Logical and Semantic Frameworks, with Applications (LSFA 2018), Fortaleza (Brazil) 26-28 Sep 2018
- PC Member. Non-classical Logics and Their Applications： The 8th International Workshop on Logic and Cognition (WOLC 2016), Guangzhou (China) 5-9 Dec 2016
- PC Member. 20th International Conference on Logic for Programming, Artificial Intelligence and Reasoning (LPAR 20), Suva (Fiji) 24-28 Nov 2015
- PC Member. International conference on Advances in Modal Logic (AiML 2014), Groningen (Netherlands) 5-8 Aug 2014
- PC Member. Structures and Deduction 2014, Vienna (SD14) part of the Vienna Summer of Logic 2014
- OC Member. 2nd SYSMICS Workshop, Vienna, 26-28 Feb 2018
- OC Member. Kick-off meeting for Project TICAMORE, Vienna, 14-16 Mar 2017
- OC Member. ALCOP VII, Vienna, 7-9 Apr 2016
- OC Member. Logic, Algebra and Truth Degrees 2014 (LATD 2014), Vienna, 16-19 Jul 2014
- OC Member. Compositional Meaning in Logic 2014 (GeTFun 2.0), Vienna, Jul 22-23 2014
- Principal investigator. FWF Stand-Alone Project on Unifying Structural Proof Theory via Bounded Sequent Calculi. 2020-2023. (Amount: euro 347.000) NEW!
- Principal investigator. OeAD Bilateral project on Graded consequence and Hypersequent Calculi for Substructural Logics. 2020-2022. NEW!
- Principal investigator. Stiftung Aktion Österreich-Ungarn. Proj. no: 92öu14. Formalisierung der Beweistheorien. 2016-2017.
- Co-coordinator TU Wien. Transnational Funding FWF-ANR, TICAMORE: Translating and Discovering Calculi for Modal and Related logics, 2017-2020
- EC-RISE, Marie Curie Action, Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (RISE) Syntax meet Semantics: Methods, Interactions, and Connections in Substructural logics, 2016-2019
- Non classical proofs: Theory, Applications and Tools, FWF START prize, 2011-2017.
- EC-IRSES, Marie Curie Action: International Research Staff Exchange Scheme (IRSES), FP7-PEOPLE-2012-IRSES, GetFUN Generalizing Truth-Functionality, 2013-2017.
- Higher-Order Logic (185.A60). Summer semester 2016, 2017, 2019. Access to the course webpage via TISS.
- Extended Kripke lemma and decidability for hypersequent substructural logics. LICS 2020 (accepted) NEW!
- Bounded sequent calculi for non-classical logics via hypersequents (with Agata Ciabattoni and Timo Lang). TABLEAUX 2019
- Sequentialising nested systems (with Elaine Pimentel and Björn Lellmann). TABLEAUX 2019
- Inducing syntactic cut-elimination for indexed nested sequents. LMCS 14(4:18), 1-25, 2018.
- From Display to Labelled Proofs for Tense Logics (with Agata Ciabattoni and Tim Lyon). LFCS 2018
- Bunched Hypersequent Calculi for Distributive Substructural Logics (with Agata Ciabattoni). LPAR 2017
- Power and Limits of Structural Display Rules (with Agata Ciabattoni). ACM TOCL 17(3), July 2016.
- Non-commutative classical arithmetical sequent calculi are intuitionistic. Journal of the IGPL 24(3), 441-452, 2016.
- Inducing Syntactic Cut-Elimination for Indexed Nested Sequents. IJCAR 2016
- Embedding the hypersequent calculus in the display calculus. Journal of Logic and Computation 25(3) 921-942, 2015.
- Hypersequent and display calculi -- a unified perspective (with Agata Ciabattoni and Heinrich Wansing). Studia Logica 102(6) 1245-1294, 2014.
- Cut-elimination for weak Grzegorczyk logic Go (with Rajeev Goré). Studia Logica 102(1) 1-27, 2014.
- Structural extensions of display calculi: a general recipe (with Agata Ciabattoni). WOLLIC 2013
- Valentini's cut-elimination for provability logic resolved (with Rajeev Goré). Review of Symbolic Logic 5 212-238. 2012.
- Labelled tree sequents, Tree hypersequents and Nested (Deep) Sequents (with Rajeev Goré). AiML 2012
- Valentini's cut-elimination for provability logic resolved (with Rajeev Goré). AiML 2008
Cut-elimination for provability logics and some results in display logic
PhD thesis. The Australian National University, Canberra. 2011.
ProfileI am a senior post-doctoral researcher at the Wolfgang Pauli Institute (WPI) in Vienna. Prior to this I was a senior post-doctoral researcher at the Technische Universität Wien (TU Wien, Austria) funded by the FWF START project headed by Prof. Agata Ciabattoni (2012-17) and the FWF-ANR Transnational TICAMORE project (since 2017). Before this I was a post-doctoral researcher at the LIX (École Polytechnique, France) in the PSI project headed by Dr. Stéphane Graham-Lengrand and Dr Assia Mahboubi, working on a proof-theory for reasoning about satisfiability modulo theories (SMT). I completed my PhD at The Australian National University, Canberra in 2011 under the supervision of Prof. Rajeev Goré (thesis).