|HD 04 21|
|+43 (0)1 58801-18546|
|Senior Post-doctoral Researcher|
OLD PAGE! See my new page at the University of Groningen (since 1 March 2021)
Latest (not up-to-date)
Decidability and Complexity in Weakening and Contraction Hypersequent Substructural Logics (with A. R. Balasubramanian and Timo Lang)
LICS 2021 NEW!
Bounded sequent calculi and restricted embeddings: hypersequent logics (with Agata Ciabattoni and Timo Lang)
Accepted for publication in the Journal of Symbolic Logic NEW!
Display to Labeled Proofs and Back Again for Tense Logics (with Agata Ciabattoni, Tim Lyon, Alwen Tiu)
Accepted for publication in the ACM Transactions on Computational Logic NEW!
- My project on Unifying Structural Proof Theory via Bounded Sequent Calculi has been funded by the FWF (euro 347.000)
- Extended Kripke lemma and decidability for hypersequent substructural logics LICS 2020
- My Indo-Austrian project on Graded Consequence and Hypersequent Calculi for Substructural Logics has been funded by the OeAD
- Properties of substructural, modal and intermediate logics (including decidability, complexity, interpolation) via proof theorty
- Structural proof theory: representations and relative expressivity of proof formalisms
- Development of interactive/automated verification of structural proof theory in the theorem prover Isabelle/HOL
- Formal logics for the provability predicate of arithmetic (provability logics)
- Proof-systems for automated reasoning about satisfiability modulo theories (SMT)
Activities (not up-to-date)
- Co-chair. VCLA International Student Awards 2020 and 2021 (call)
- PC Member. 4th International Workshop on Automated Reasoning in Quantified Non-Classical Logics (ARQNL 2020), Paris, France, 29 Jun 2020.
- PC Member. 15th Workshop on Logical and Semantic Frameworks, with Applications (LSFA 2020), Salvador, Brazil, 26-28 Aug 2020.
- PC Member. 10th International conference on Non-classical logics: theory and applications (NCL2020), Łódź, Poland, 26-28 September 2020.
- PC Member. 27th Workshop on Logic, Language, Information and Computation (WoLLIC 2020), Lima, Peru, 4-7 Aug 2020.
- Invited Speaker: 5th International Workshop on Structures and Deduction SD 2019, Dortmund, Germany, June 29-30, 2019
- Collecting Editor of the Bulletin of the Section of Logic
- Co-chair. VCLA International Student Awards 2018, 2019
- Keynote lecture: Non-classical Logics and Their Applications： The 8th International Workshop on Logic and Cognition (WOLC 2016), Guangzhou (China) 5-9 Dec 2016
- Invited Speaker: 2nd International workshop on Automated Reasoning in Quantified Non-Classical Logics ARQNL 2016 (associated with IJCAR 2016), Coimbra (Portugal) 1 Jul 2016
- Invited Tutorial (with Björn Lellmann): "Proof-theoretical Reasoning" at the TRS Reasoning School, NAT@Logic 2015: Natal (Brazil) 31 Aug-4 Sep 2015
- Invited Tutorial. PhDs in Logic VII. Vienna (Austria) 14-16 May 2015
- Invited Plenary Speaker. 6th International Conference on Teaching Logic and Prospects of its Development, Kiev (Ukraine) 15-16 May 2014
- Invited tutorial. 9th International Tbilisi Summer School in Logic and Language, Tbilisi (Georgia) 30 Sep - 4 Oct, 2013 (slides)
- Tutorial (with Björn Lellmann): General methods in proof theory for modal and substructural logics. Co-located with TABLEAUX 2017, FroCoS 2017 and ITP 2017. Brasilia, Brazil. 23 Sep 2017. Slides for lectures 1 and 3.
- Co-chair. International Workshop on External and Internal Calculi for Non-classical Logics (EINCL 2018), Oxford (UK), 19 Jul 2018
- PC Member. 25th Workshop on Logic, Language, Information and Computation (WoLLIC 2018), Bogotá (Colombia) 24-27 Jul 2018
- PC Member. 23rd International Workshop on Logical and Semantic Frameworks, with Applications (LSFA 2018), Fortaleza (Brazil) 26-28 Sep 2018
- PC Member. Non-classical Logics and Their Applications： The 8th International Workshop on Logic and Cognition (WOLC 2016), Guangzhou (China) 5-9 Dec 2016
- PC Member. 20th International Conference on Logic for Programming, Artificial Intelligence and Reasoning (LPAR 20), Suva (Fiji) 24-28 Nov 2015
- PC Member. International conference on Advances in Modal Logic (AiML 2014), Groningen (Netherlands) 5-8 Aug 2014
- PC Member. Structures and Deduction 2014, Vienna (SD14) part of the Vienna Summer of Logic 2014
- OC Member. 2nd SYSMICS Workshop, Vienna, 26-28 Feb 2018
- OC Member. Kick-off meeting for Project TICAMORE, Vienna, 14-16 Mar 2017
- OC Member. ALCOP VII, Vienna, 7-9 Apr 2016
- OC Member. Logic, Algebra and Truth Degrees 2014 (LATD 2014), Vienna, 16-19 Jul 2014
- OC Member. Compositional Meaning in Logic 2014 (GeTFun 2.0), Vienna, Jul 22-23 2014
Projects (not up-to-date)
- Principal investigator. FWF Stand-Alone Project on Unifying Structural Proof Theory via Bounded Sequent Calculi. 2020-2023. (Amount: euro 347.000)
- Principal investigator. OeAD Bilateral project on Graded consequence and Hypersequent Calculi for Substructural Logics. 2020-2022.
- Principal investigator. Stiftung Aktion Österreich-Ungarn. Proj. no: 92öu14. Formalisierung der Beweistheorien. 2016-2017.
- Co-coordinator TU Wien. Transnational Funding FWF-ANR, TICAMORE: Translating and Discovering Calculi for Modal and Related logics, 2017-2020
- EC-RISE, Marie Curie Action, Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (RISE) Syntax meet Semantics: Methods, Interactions, and Connections in Substructural logics, 2016-2019
- Non classical proofs: Theory, Applications and Tools, FWF START prize, 2011-2017.
- EC-IRSES, Marie Curie Action: International Research Staff Exchange Scheme (IRSES), FP7-PEOPLE-2012-IRSES, GetFUN Generalizing Truth-Functionality, 2013-2017.
- Higher-Order Logic (185.A60). Summer semester 2016, 2017, 2019. Access to the course webpage via TISS.
Publications (not up-to-date)
- Extended Kripke lemma and decidability for hypersequent substructural logics. LICS 2020
- Bounded sequent calculi for non-classical logics via hypersequents (with Agata Ciabattoni and Timo Lang). TABLEAUX 2019
- Sequentialising nested systems (with Elaine Pimentel and Björn Lellmann). TABLEAUX 2019
- Inducing syntactic cut-elimination for indexed nested sequents. LMCS 14(4:18), 1-25, 2018.
- From Display to Labelled Proofs for Tense Logics (with Agata Ciabattoni and Tim Lyon). LFCS 2018
- Bunched Hypersequent Calculi for Distributive Substructural Logics (with Agata Ciabattoni). LPAR 2017
- Power and Limits of Structural Display Rules (with Agata Ciabattoni). ACM TOCL 17(3), July 2016.
- Non-commutative classical arithmetical sequent calculi are intuitionistic. Journal of the IGPL 24(3), 441-452, 2016.
- Inducing Syntactic Cut-Elimination for Indexed Nested Sequents. IJCAR 2016
- Embedding the hypersequent calculus in the display calculus. Journal of Logic and Computation 25(3) 921-942, 2015.
- Hypersequent and display calculi -- a unified perspective (with Agata Ciabattoni and Heinrich Wansing). Studia Logica 102(6) 1245-1294, 2014.
- Cut-elimination for weak Grzegorczyk logic Go (with Rajeev Goré). Studia Logica 102(1) 1-27, 2014.
- Structural extensions of display calculi: a general recipe (with Agata Ciabattoni). WOLLIC 2013
- Valentini's cut-elimination for provability logic resolved (with Rajeev Goré). Review of Symbolic Logic 5 212-238. 2012.
- Labelled tree sequents, Tree hypersequents and Nested (Deep) Sequents (with Rajeev Goré). AiML 2012
- Valentini's cut-elimination for provability logic resolved (with Rajeev Goré). AiML 2008
Cut-elimination for provability logics and some results in display logic
PhD thesis. The Australian National University, Canberra. 2011.
Profile (not up-to-date)I am a senior post-doctoral researcher at the Wolfgang Pauli Institute (WPI) in Vienna. Prior to this I was a senior post-doctoral researcher at the Technische Universität Wien (TU Wien, Austria) funded by the FWF START project headed by Prof. Agata Ciabattoni (2012-17) and the FWF-ANR Transnational TICAMORE project (since 2017). Before this I was a post-doctoral researcher at the LIX (École Polytechnique, France) in the PSI project headed by Dr. Stéphane Graham-Lengrand and Dr Assia Mahboubi, working on a proof-theory for reasoning about satisfiability modulo theories (SMT). I completed my PhD at The Australian National University, Canberra in 2011 under the supervision of Prof. Rajeev Goré (thesis).