Analytic Proof Systems 4
will be held
22 November, 2008,
in the context of
4th International Workshop on Analytic Proof Systems
The 15th International Conference on Logic for Programming,
Artificial Intelligence and Reasoning
November 23-27, 2008,
For the workshop program
Analyticity is a topic that connects foundational issues in logic
with applications, mainly in automated deduction and analysis of proofs.
is primarily intended to enhance awareness for its topic and to promote
corresponding discussions and contacts between experienced experts and
Topics of Interests include
- Old and new types of analytic calculi: sequent calculi,
tableaux, matrix systems, connection method, hypersequents, display calculus,
deep inference, ...
- Cut elimination and normalization: new methods, complexity,
abstract approaches, ...
- Proof search: modelling proof search,
model extraction, disproving, decision procedures, ...
- Relation to other methods: analytic systems and resolution,
lambda calculus, modal mu calculi, lambda-mu calculus,
programming languages, ...
- Extracting information from proofs: extraction of
algorithms, constructivity, model construction,
Herbrand's theorem, ...
- Proof theoretic semantics and related topics: natural deduction,
dialogue games, game semantics, ...
Depending on the number of contributors
Analytic Proof Systems 4 will be a half or a full day workshop.
Invited speaker(s) are to be announced.
Program Committee and Organizers:
- Matthias Baaz, University of Technology, Vienna
- Christian Fermüller, University of Technology, Vienna
The workshop will be co-sponsered by the
International Kurt Gödel Society (KGS) and will
include a workshop dinner to which contributors are invited.
Please submit a 1-2 page abstract to
The selected abstracts will be made available electronically.
All contributers will be invited to join a special (KGS sponsored)
- Submission deadline: October 24, 2008
- Notification of acceptance: October 28, 2008
- Workshop: November 22, 2008