Analytic Proof Systems 3
will be held
October 15th, 2007,
as part of the
(3rd International Workshop on Analytic Proof Systems)
The 14th International Conference on Logic for Programming,
Artificial Intelligence and Reasoning
October 15-19, 2007
For the preliminary workshop program
Analyticity is a topic that connects foundational issues in logic
with applications, mainly in automated deduction and analysis of proofs.
is primarily intended to enhance awareness for its topic and to promote
corresponding discussions and contacts between experienced experts and
Topics of Interests include
- Old and new types of analytic calculi: sequent calculi,
tableaux, matrix systems, connection method, hypersequents, ...
- Cut elimination and Normalization: new methods, complexity,
- Proof search: modelling proof search, streamlining calculi,
- Relation to other methods: analytic systems and resolution,
dialogue games, programming languages
- Extracting information from analytic proofs: extraction of
algorithms, constructivity, model construction,
Depending on the number of conributors
Analytic Proof Systems 3 will be a half or full day workshop.
There will be two invited speakers -
Richard Zach (U Calgary) and
Norbert Preining (TU Wien) -
a number of contributed
talks, and (if time permits) a Panel Discussion on challenges
in proof theory within computer science.
Program Committee and Organizers:
- Matthias Baaz, University of Technology, Vienna
- Christian Fermüller, University of Technology, Vienna
The workshop will be co-sponsered by the
International Kurt Gödel Society and will (most probably)
include a workshop dinner to which contributors are invited.
Please submit a 1-2 page abstract to
The selected abstracts will be made available electronically.
- Submission deadline: September 17, 2007
- Notification of acceptance: September 22, 2007
- Workshop: October 15, 2007