will be held December 14, 2013
in the context of
7th International Workshop on Analytic Proof Systems
The 19th International Conference on Logic for Programming,
Artificial Intelligence and Reasoning
December 15-19, Stellenbosch, South Africa.
Analyticity is a topic that connects foundational issues in logic
with applications, mainly in automated deduction and analysis of proofs.
is primarily intended to enhance awareness for its topic and to promote
corresponding discussions and contacts between experienced experts and
Topics of Interests include
Presentations of corresponding work in progress or of results to be published
elswhere are welcome, too.
- old and new types of analytic calculi: sequent calculi,
tableaux, matrix systems, connection method, hypersequents, display calculus,
deep inference, ...
- cut elimination and normalization: new methods, complexity,
abstract approaches, ...
- proof search: modelling proof search,
model extraction, disproving, decision procedures, ...
- relation to other methods: analytic systems and resolution,
lambda calculus, modal mu calculi, lambda-mu calculus,
programming languages, ...
- extracting information from proofs: extraction of
algorithms, constructivity, model construction,
Herbrand's theorem, ...
- proof theoretic semantics and related topics: natural deduction,
dialogue games, game semantics, ...
Depending on the number of contributors
Analytic Proof Systems 7 will be a half or a full day workshop.
The schedule of talks will be made accessible here after notification of acceptance.
- Matthias Baaz, University of Technology, Vienna
- Christian Fermüller, University of Technology, Vienna
Please submit a 1-2 page abstract to
until October 14, 2013.
The submissions will be reviewed by the organizers with the help
of additional external experts.
Notification of acceptance is planned for October 18, 2013.
The abstracts selected for presentation will be made available electronically.