will be held in the afternoon of October 10, 2010
in the context of
5th International Workshop on Analytic Proof Systems
The 17th International Conference on Logic for Programming,
Artificial Intelligence and Reasoning
October 10-15, 2010,
Analyticity is a topic that connects foundational issues in logic
with applications, mainly in automated deduction and analysis of proofs.
is primarily intended to enhance awareness for its topic and to promote
corresponding discussions and contacts between experienced experts and
Topics of Interests include
- Old and new types of analytic calculi: sequent calculi,
tableaux, matrix systems, connection method, hypersequents, display calculus,
deep inference, ...
- Cut elimination and normalization: new methods, complexity,
abstract approaches, ...
- Proof search: modelling proof search,
model extraction, disproving, decision procedures, ...
- Relation to other methods: analytic systems and resolution,
lambda calculus, modal mu calculi, lambda-mu calculus,
programming languages, ...
- Extracting information from proofs: extraction of
algorithms, constructivity, model construction,
Herbrand's theorem, ...
- Proof theoretic semantics and related topics: natural deduction,
dialogue games, game semantics, ...
Online now (with abstracts): click here
- Matthias Baaz, University of Technology, Vienna
- Christian Fermüller, University of Technology, Vienna
The workshop will be co-sponsered by the
International Kurt Gödel Society (KGS) and will
include a workshop lunch to which all contributors are invited.